So far only one Holy Name Plaque has come to light in the Dublin area and that is at a house on Aughrim Street, Stoneybatter Dublin 7. The house was built in 1860 and was acquired by the O’ Reilly family in 1910. The O’ Reilly’s still live there. The plaque is treasured by Mrs. O’ Reilly who believes in the power of the Name of Jesus to protect her home and family. She is not aware of any other Holy Name plaques in the locality.
Interestingly the plaque is in place leaning against the window above the front door ( called the’ fanlight’) and is not attached to anything, so it is possible to read the inscription on the back of it which says:
‘Made in England 1928’
Dr. Charlotte Murphy has noted in her article (see LIMERICK) that it had been concluded –mistakenly she believes – by some, that the Holy Name tiles had nothing whatever to do with the Eucharistic Congress of 1932 since the erection of the first tiles pre-dated the Congress by at least fifteen years. It would seem that the dating on the Dublin plaque supports her case (the plaques in Limerick were erected for the Eucharistic Congress in that the Limerick plaques are similar in style and design to the Dublin plaques and were possibly produced by the same company around the same time, just four years before the Eucharistic Congress. A notice on a tourist board in Ennis states that the plaques were erected for the Eucharistic Congress.